High Performance Gear Lube – Mercury 55 Gal Drum
Engineered to provide maximum protection for sterndrive and outboard lower units. Exclusive formula is engineered to provide extended gear life in extreme conditions including high-speed and high-horsepower applications. Extensively tested to provide excellent protection against corrosion and excessive wear. Specifically formulated to help prevent failures due to water entering the gear housing. Extreme pressure synthetic additives protect gears from metal to metal contact. Since no industry-wide standards exist concerning marine gear oils, it is essential to use products such as Mercury High-Performance Gear Lube which has been specifically designed and tested for marine applications. DO NOT mix with Mercury Premium Gear Lube. Provides warranty protection for all Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and Mercury, Mariner and Force outboard lower units.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION:
There are a few items that we like to go over before we ship drums, which will make the delivery experience go as smoothly as possible:
- Drums are delivered via freight carrier and will more than likely arrive on a semi trailer. This will necessitate a forklift and/or loading dock with a pallet jack. You can arrange for a liftgate equipped truck and inside delivery. These services run between $75 and $150.
- Quoted pricing for freight is for delivery to a BUSINESS address as classified by the United States Postal Service database, which is used by most freight companies. Even if you have a business at the address, if it is not classified as such by the Postal Service, the freight company will charge for delivery to a residential address. Residential delivery charges normally run between $100 and $125 on top of your quoted freight cost.
- Deliveries to areas with restricted access (Military bases, mines, or other areas defined as restricted access by the carrier) will result in an additional charge ranging from $80 to $125, imposed by the carrier.
In order to avoid these charges, here are a couple of options:
- The easiest way is to have it delivered to the freight terminal closest to you. This is no extra charge. Just pick it up and take it home. We can help you locate the closest one with the carriers that we use.
- Another option is to contact a local business who may have access to a forklift who is willing to accept delivery of a drum for you. We have had several clients utilize lumber yards, automobile shops, local trucking companies, etc.
Please let us know if your address meets the criteria listed above, and if not, we can help you with arrangements!