A technology-specific 55 Gallon Mercury 25W40 Synthetic Blend 4-Stroke Oil is formulated for the world’s first and only supercharged and intercooled outboard engine. The unmatched torque and acceleration of this engine requires maximum protection found in this well-balanced combination of today’s highest quality synthetic and mineral base stocks. Verado Oil meets the stringent marine operational requirements of all Mercury’s 4- and 6-cylinder Verado models. First-in-class for all FC-W durability test properties, with industry-leading internal marine engine corrosion protection. Here are the results from a comparison test between Verado Oil and a popular 15W-50 full synthetic oil.
Verado oil shows significantly better shear stability and volatility, and is higher in viscosity and High Temperature High Shear (HTHS) after shear.
The popular competitive formulation uses a fair amount of VM (viscosity modifier) which is subject to shear, while the Mercury oil contains no VM. As a result, the Mercury oil will hold its viscosity far better in difficult situations.
The HTHS after shear follows along with the viscosity stability, which results in improved bearing protection.
Use of the full synthetic competitive oil resulted in higher oil consumption than the Mercury 25W-40.
Outperforms automotive oils in marine applications because of its specialized additive package designed for marine engines. Continued use of this oil will:
- Provide outstanding wear and corrosion protection which help extend engine life
- Maintain peak engine performance and reliability
- Eliminate thermal breakdown under extreme rpm, temperatures and loads
This oil will not damage emissions systems and can be used in any marine engine equipped with or without a catalytic converter.
Exceeds oil requirements and FC-W® Catalyst Compatible specifications for all marine engine manufacturers. Use of this oil will not void manufacturer warranties. Use Mercury Oil Filters for better performance, reliability and trouble-free operation. Don’t pollute. Return used oil to collection center.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION:
There are a few items that we like to go over before we ship drums, which will make the delivery experience go as smoothly as possible:
- Drums are delivered via freight carrier and will more than likely arrive on a semi trailer. This will necessitate a forklift and/or loading dock with a pallet jack. You can arrange for a liftgate equipped truck and inside delivery. These services run between $75 and $150.
- Quoted pricing for freight is for delivery to a BUSINESS address as classified by the United States Postal Service database, which is used by most freight companies. Even if you have a business at the address, if it is not classified as such by the Postal Service, the freight company will charge for delivery to a residential address. Residential delivery charges normally run between $100 and $125 on top of your quoted freight cost.
- Deliveries to areas with restricted access (Military bases, mines, or other areas defined as restricted access by the carrier) will result in an additional charge ranging from $80 to $125, imposed by the carrier.
In order to avoid these charges, here are a couple of options:
- The easiest way is to have it delivered to the freight terminal closest to you. This is no extra charge. Just pick it up and take it home. We can help you locate the closest one with the carriers that we use.
- Another option is to contact a local business who may have access to a forklift who is willing to accept delivery of a drum for you. We have had several clients utilize lumber yards, automobile shops, local trucking companies, etc.
Please let us know if your address meets the criteria listed above, and if not, we can help you with arrangements!