As you know by now, there’s much more to boating than a simple outboard motor. From safety to navigation, you can spend plenty of cash collecting everything you need for a summer out on the lake.
Depending on the manufacturer, you may need 2-stroke or 4-stroke marine oil, among other supplies. When you purchase that marine oil, it’s important to pick up fuel treatment as well. Why?
Fuel treatment prolongs the life of your outboard by fighting corrosion, keeping fuel lines clean, and lubricating your engine.
Protect Your Investment with Fuel Additives
Without special care, the gas in your boat can cause problems in your engine. Gasoline left in the tank can go bad and cause fuel components to oxidize. This leaves residue in your fuel lines, carburetors, and injectors. Over time, carbon deposits can form in your combustion chamber, which slows your engine’s performance.
Many fuels today contain ethanol, which can damage your engine because it pulls moisture out of your tank. When ethanol absorbs water, it can cause phase separation, causing even more problems for your boat’s outboard motor.
Benefits of Adding Fuel Treatment
Fuel treatments take care of ethanol-related problems in gasoline engines. If you use products like a fuel treatment or fuel additive, you can reduce the corrosion inside your engine, remove carbon deposits, keep your injectors clean and avoid phase separation. All of this reduces the wear on your engine and helps you avoid breakdowns.
Whether you own a Yamalube or a Mercury engine, you’ll get the following benefits when you add a fuel treatment:
- Helps prevent corrosion caused by ethanol & water
- Stabilizes tank fuel
- Cleans fuel injectors & carburetor jets
- Cleans & lubricates critical upper engine areas
- Helps reduce long-term engine wear
When it comes to your favorite investment, adding fuel treatments to your shopping cart each time you buy marine oil is a small price to pay for all the value you get out on the water.
Shop Fuel Treatments, On Sale Now!
We pride ourselves on carrying the highest quality products made specifically for your engine. Many of our fuel treatment products for Yamaha, Mercury, and Evinrude are on sale now! Shop online or contact us for more information.
- 3 Gallon Mercury Optimax Bundle – (1) 12oz Bottle Each Quickleen, Quickare, and Quickstor, 1 Flexible Pour Spout$205.99
- 3 Gallon Mercury Optimax Bundle – (3) 12oz Bottles of Quickleen, (1) Flexible Pour Spout$205.99
- 3 Gallon Mercury Optimax Bundle – (3) 12oz Bottles of Quickare, (1) Flexible Pour Spout$205.99
- 3 Gallon Mercury Optimax Bundle – (3) 12oz Bottles of Quickstor, (1) Flexible Pour Spout$205.99
- 5 Gallon Mercury Optimax DFI Bundle – (1 )12oz each Quickleen, Quickare, and Quickstor, 1 Flexible Pour Spout$299.99
- 5 Gallon Mercury Optimax DFI Bundle – (3) 12oz Bottles of Quickleen, (1) Super Spout$299.99
- 5 Gallon Mercury Optimax DFI Bundle – (3) 12oz Bottles of Quickare, 1 Super Spout$299.99
- 5 Gallon Mercury Optimax DFI Bundle – (3) 12oz Bottles of Quickstor, 1 Super Spout$299.99
- Power Trim and Steering Fluid 8 oz$7.99